Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Phew

I hadn't realised how wound up I'd been until I woke up this morning and didn't want to.
It was a really successful night with spot-on performances from the hilarious Amy Corcoran, who somehow managed to get the word *rsehole  into every song, a very poignant contribution from Pete Astor, and a fantastic set from Martin Stephenson and Jim-the-Fiddle that had them rolling in the aisles. The atmosphere was great and I appreciated Kalamazoo Klub promoter Guy Simpson turning up to show his support, plus Paul Eccentric and Donna, Lester Square and Jo, Dubulah and Jim, Gina Birch and Mike, Nat the Hammer, Foolish Girl (yay! but when's Him Indoors going to come along?) and a very supportive audience who listened all the way through and generally got into the scheme of things. New songs were debuted; Amy trembled before her first song, I trembled after mine. We ate chips from down the road and sausage rolls from my bag, we drank coke or wine. Jim went walkabout at Martin's behest and people tried not to lure him over to serenade them; they were just that side of cool. Niosha and Yuzrin from the University of the East did a fine job of the sound and Offsprog One did a great job on the door for us. The Boogaloo is a convivial place and people chatted with each other for a long time afterwards. Thank you for coming along everyone, and roll on the next one on April the 20th!
Phew.

2 comments:

Wilky of St Albans said...

Glad it was a good night. Everything conspired against me and now to really rub it in I find Foolish Girl was there. I hope she explained her absence of late.

Helen McCookerybook said...

We were trying hard to explain yours! You were missed.