Monday, June 29, 2015

Chapter Delivered

Away it flew by email last night and the next taxi drew up at the rank, this time a very condensed version of a conference paper to be created in Powerpoint by Friday. That's the musical element out the window; I'll have to rethink this one during the week.
It's been busy but chaos can be very useful; I had a bit of a lightbulb thought five minutes ago which made me quite glad that some of my research is plodding along rather than whooshing by. Sometimes it can take months or even years before something seemingly obvious can switch on in your brain; often these things come about when you're thinking about something else, in this case a book that I lent that I don't think I'm going to get back. The thought appeared when I mentally revisited the content of the book to summarise what it was about, which happened in a very useful sentence which arrived at the same time as a thought about a student I'd worked with once. Nonsense, huh?
With that, I'll take my metaphors off and have a cup of tea.

No comments: