Friday, November 27, 2015

Hunting

I'll post about last night's Create event at The Guardian later today, but at the moment I'm preparing to go hunting for cables and memory disks so I can film The Dollymixtures' interview tomorrow. I'm also clearing space on my iPad to make a backup copy so there will be some footage of the North Carolina trip up on Youtube soon.
The rest of the day will be spent reading thesis drafts. At least it is raining and I won't be longing to spring out into the sunshine.
I spent five minutes yesterday singing a Barbara Windsor publicity leaflet to a student who was queuing up at the equipment store at the University. He was kneeling on the floor filling out a form and he asked my advice.
I think that was something that would have looked rather peculiar to a passer-by, perhaps.

2 comments:

Wilky of St Albans said...

Do me a favour and ask the Dolly Mixtures if they ever played the Astoria. I saw someone 'of that ilk' play there and it was either them or the Mo-Dettes or the Gymslips (or someone totally different). My memory isn't what it was. Tending to think it was the Mo-Dettes. The Astoria of course is now just a big hole in the ground

Helen McCookerybook said...

I'll try to remember but this will be the first time I've ever used a film camera so I might be rather preoccupied- I am dreading getting home and finding that I have filmed absolutely nothing at all!